Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy World Mental Health Day!

I thought it would be appropriate to “launch” my blog on World Mental Health Day but I’m not quite sure why. At first I was planning to launch it on any given day till the voices in my head told me it would be more meaningful to coincide with this capitalist-free holiday. Thank you all for waiting and yes thank you for the many reminders, suggestions, offer to help me write, death threats and the occasional “just-write-something-you-moron” messages, they were all very inspiring! My thrash can loved it!

Now back to my launch, just like any other launches, a celebrity or a power icon is usually needed to cut the ribbon and give speech. So guess who came to mind? Why Samy V of cos! He’s always been my inspiration for comedy so it would be ungrateful of me not to invite him! So I sat down to write him an invitational letter:

To his most esteem

Kepada yang di hormati

Anda dijemput dengan segala hormatnya

Your grace will honor my event


Dear Samy we have beer!

It was harder than I thought so I decided to go online and research for the best invite-format and guess what? I found out my esteem VIP isn’t free after all because it was World Mental Health Day and he had some visiting to do… but at the end of the day I learnt 3 valuable lessons:

1. There is such a thing as World Mental Health Day
2. How to write a formal invite
3. Never to listen to the voices in my head

So without a VIP, I hereby announce my blog… OPEN!

It was a nice and quaint launching, cakes and finger food was served soft soothing music in the background… the only setback was… I was the only guest!


But still nevertheless, even with a poor crowd turn-out the show must still go on. Just like any ordinary launch, a show or performance is always mandatory… so for those who missed it, I present to you,


"Rotating Fools in C Minor"








No comments: