Sunday, October 14, 2007

Spritzer

A few months ago Jon, Leon and I met something and fell head-over-heels in love (at least I did) with something we rescued from the streets. Here’s what happened from “MY” point of view…

it was a dark and stormy night…
as we stepped out into the cool dark air surrounding us...
we heard a silent but spine tingling cry...
Jon looked to me as I’m quite familiar with super natural substance but I was busy searching my mind for the location of that sound...
Leon was too busy trying to look for a place to hide...
again we heard it... a tiny but yet loud cry...
I took a few steps out...
Jon followed... he couldn’t walk properly because Leon was hanging on to him
as Jon and I took a few more steps out unto the road...
we saw a small dark heap of SOMETHING on the road...
"guys lets go let’s go" pleaded Leon...
and then...
IT MOVED
as Leon was reaching for his car keys... "oh my goodness it’s a puppy!" exclaimed matt.
next thing I knew, Leon was standing over it with his phone trying to take a picture "imagine all the girls I can show" he thought in his head
as the 3 of us pondered over this tiny dark smelly shivering heap of wet fur... illuminated by a single hand phone light...
I suddenly felt something crawling on my feet.
upon closer inspection, we noticed it was covered in lice
to make matters worse, it was sleeping in motor oil
the foul smell in the air told me that it has just become an orphan...
"we need to get it out of here!" I stressed.
"but where" replied Jon
"Suzie, Kelly, Linda oh I can also show Mei mei, Ling, Amy...” sang Leon
"I don’t know... but first let’s move it...” i said.
I broke Leon out of his trance and made him look for a box... off to 7-11 he went.
as Jon and I whipped out our phones and started calling trusted friends at 5am in the morning
"ok ok thanks and sorry to bother you..." as Jon looked at me with the same expression.. Futile.
nobody could take it in for the night..
suddenly we heard a meek voice..
"I’ll do it"
as we turned around we saw Leon, equip with a 'Spritzer' box in both hands but what made me curious was the look in his eyes
a look of pure sincerity
"all my life... I have always wanted to do something. Something that I will be proud of.."
"all my life I have been hurting people without meaning to.."
"but not this time...” as he threw the box down while jumping up and down because he was standing in the pile of lice...







(to be continued)

No comments: